SnippetCollection
Forums  
Links

Support

snippetCollection.com Forum Index FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Welcome to SnippetCollection.com, a friendly and fast growing community of programmers, coders, web application developers and more. You are currently viewing our forums as a guest!

This message will go away once you are registered. Also, by registering you will have access to all post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absoultely free so please Click Here to join our community

Enjoy our great collection of snippets and tutorials!

Username:
Password:

Our Sponsors

Want to list your business here. Contact us.
 USB Communication View next topic
View previous topic
crowinu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi guys,

i'm interested in usb communication, anyone has some good info sites about usb communication in vb and vc also. Is it difficult for such beginners like me ?

regards
shawn
gaetanoc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

what do you exactly mean by USB communication?
crowinu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gaetanoc wrote:
what do you exactly mean by USB communication?

reading an writng data to usb port.
gaetanoc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think there would be other languages that will suite your needs better such as C since as from your comments I am taking the impression that you need low level communication with USB port!
Tcm9669

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I think that for VB this is it is possible because i had some examples that comunicated with my USB infrared device...But well if you want to use VB I wold recommend you to use an OCX that has this support than import it in VB and work with it...I dont suggest using pure VB code Smile)
crowinu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gaetanoc wrote:
I think there would be other languages that will suite your needs better such as C since as from your comments I am taking the impression that you need low level communication with USB port!

i heard that u need soem drivers that's y i' asking here. i need to send datta trhough usb on some PIC (uC) which obviously sipports usb2

you mena ansi c or visual c ?
crashed

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi crowinu,

Can you clarify if you want to write code for a PC or a PIC as there is no pic that i know of that supports VB/VC?

As for USB coding, i would do a google for a third party control. but i found this on MS which might be interesting reading.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/coding4fun/someassemblyrequired/isthatyou/default.aspx

Rgds,
Crashed
crowinu

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

crashed wrote:
Hi crowinu,

Can you clarify if you want to write code for a PC or a PIC as there is no pic that i know of that supports VB/VC?

As for USB coding, i would do a google for a third party control. but i found this on MS which might be interesting reading.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/coding4fun/someassemblyrequired/isthatyou/default.aspx

Rgds,
Crashed

no code for pc to communicated trough usb with the pic. but i need to acess port from vb or vc

i read. 10x crashed
rgds
crowinu
crashed

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Download the source code and Have a look at the USBSharp class.

If there anything you don't understand feel free to ask.

Rgds,
Crashed

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic